Elderly people are more vulnerable this time of the year, and it’s important that care-givers and relatives check on their loved ones to see how they are coping during the high heat.
Top Tips For Beating the Heat!
1. Drink plenty (non-alcoholic fluids) – 8 or more glasses of water or fruit juice a day to stay hydrated.
2. Dress Appropriately – Ensue you wear loose fitting clothes in natural fabrics and dress in light colours the will reflect heat instead of darker clothes that will draw it in.
3. Sunblock – Always protect your skin when outside by wearing hats, sunglasses and sunblock.
4. Try to stay indoors during extreme heat.
5. Air Conditioning – If you don;t have air-con try to go somewhere that does
6. Cool Bath or Shower – Sometimes having a cool bath or shower does wonders for keeping cool and hydrated.
7. Keep the House Cool – Temperatures within the home should not exceed 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Beware Sun Stroke – Know he signs of sun stroke (flushed face, high body temperature, headache, nausea, rapid pulse, dizziness and confusion) and take quick action if you feel the symptoms arising.
If you like our Blog please feel free to visit our Facebook Page – Ideal Home Care Solutions or Follow us on Twitter – @IHCS_Essex