1. Home care is delivered at home. When we are not feeling well, most of us ask to be at home. We enjoy the sanctity of our homes and the joy of being with our loved ones and relatives. When our loved ones are ill we try to get them home and out of the hospital as soon as possible.
2. Home care keeps families together. This is particularly important in times of illness. The ties of responsibility and caring can be severed by care homes.
3. Home care prevents or postpones institutionalization.
4. Home care promotes healing. There is scientific evidence that many patients heal faster at home.
5. Home care is safe. Many risks, such as infection, are eliminated or minimized when care is given at home.
6. Home care allows for the maximum amount of freedom for the individual. Patients at home remain as engaged with their usual daily activities as their health permits.
7. Home care promotes continuity. The patient’s own physician continues to oversee his or her care
8. Home care is personalized and tailored to the needs of each individual. Patients receive one-on-one care and attention.
9. Home care is less expensive than other forms of care, especially lengthy inpatient hospitalization.
10. Great chance to build relationship with your carer giving you a great sense of well being and companionship.
@IHCS_Essex Check Out our Linkedin Page & Facebook!